Snow White Socolofi questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Suzanny

Registered Member
Aug 28, 2012
We have had our 55 gallon aquarium for 8 years. It has maily been my husbands "thing", but I do feed the fish. Not too long ago, we purchased a white Socolofi (4 inch) for the tank. My tank at the time had a Pleco, 2 Blood Parrots (about 4 & 5 inch), and 4 Danios. The man at the pet store said they would get along fine. Not so much. He was a bully. Always harassing the BPs. I've had the BPs since we put the tank up and did not want them harmed, so my new guy got a "bachelor pad". I set up a 10 gallon aquarium just for him. Is this ok to do? Does he need company? The first thing he did, was uproot every single plant (not live) from the gravel, and dig holes all the way to the bottom of the tank. And every time I fix it, in less thank a day, he has destroyed it again. What's up with him? I know very little about this type of fish, so any info will help. Thanks.

countryboy

AC Members
Jul 20, 2012
CNY
Pseudotropheus Socolofi are from Lake Malawi and are mbuna. They do like to dig in the substrate. They are mildly aggressive and can reach 6". They need at least 4' of tank length because they are territorial. They should be housed with at least a 3 to 1 female to male ratio.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store