Pool filter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

countryboy

AC Members
Jul 20, 2012
CNY
Has anyone ever used one of those small inflatable pool filters in their aquarium? I have a Intex 12R. I think it's for either a 500 or 800 gal. pool. I want to use it as a polisher. Kind of like a diatom filter. It takes cartridges and I don't know what number micron though. Having a hard time finding the cartridges. So I would like to know if it's worth the effort. Thanks

countryboy

AC Members
Jul 20, 2012
CNY
Although ppl will disagree, size doesn't matter. But just for arguement sake 55 gal. and up. I just want to use it like a diatom. Run it for 2 maybe 3 hrs a week as part of tank maintenance. You know cage on intake diffused outlet. All the precautions for not losing fish.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
If cartridges are readily available why not, but if they aren't you answered your own question in the asking.

countryboy

AC Members
Jul 20, 2012
CNY
If cartridges are readily available why not, but if they aren't you answered your own question in the asking.
Nice encryption. I was kind of addressing anyone that may have tried a pool filter on their tank. The cartridges are available....but are a pain. But as always I'm open to any suggestions.
Have a nice day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store