what do I even have room to add??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
right now my 29g has:
3 harlequin rasboras
2 male guppies
male dwarf gourami
1 male platy (who doesnt tolerate other platies very well)
5 cherry barbs (1m/4f)
1 male highfin blue ram

my plan is to bump up the rasbora school to at least 5, and then add ~7 kuhli loaches. do I have room for this? I really would like to have the kuhlis, they're the reason I put a sand bottom in the tank. my question is, will this stocking be okay? could I possibly add to the guppies' numbers?

NOTE: removing fish is NOT an option, as I have no place to re-home them

Last edited:

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
so, after watching the tank a little bit, I think I want to bump some numbers up so that I have:
5 or 6 harlequin rasboras (up from 3)
4 or 5 male guppies (up from 2)
male dwarf gourami
1 male platy
5 cherry barbs (1m/4f)
1 male highfin blue ram
plus an additional 6-7 kuhli loaches

considering most of the fish are pretty small bodied (cherry barbs, guppies, kuhlis especially) and all but 3 are pretty small fish (those being the ram, platy, and dwarf gourami, would this be an okay stocklist? filter is a sunsun canister, plus the tank is moderately/heavily planted.

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
I'm probably going to add 3 more harlequins and probably like 5 kuhli loaches next week, so I'll see then if it looks like there's more room. if there isnt, I'm fine with it, the tank looks good anyways. if there does seem to be more room I'll finish stocking 2 weeks after the initial addition of the new harlies/kuhlis.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store