Cheapest store to get 10g tank only

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
I checked petsmart.com and they have them for basically $15, none of the walmart in town sell them in stores, and petco.com didn't have a price. Don't have time to mess around with people on CL, need it tomorrow. So if anyone knows what price's petco normally sells them for, if they do sell just the tank. Or even if it came with the hood I guess. Or any other stores other than my LFS which I'll have to call tomorrow.

Thanks!

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I think petco sells them for about $15(+/-$1) as well.

Do you have Pet Supplies Plus stores in your area? They still have their $1 gallon sale going on through Sept.

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
Yeah, both Petsmart and Petco are right around $15 for barebones 10g tanks. I'm sure the price varies slightly by location as well, so that's about the best estimate we can give for those stores in particular. As for the kits that include hoods, you're looking at at least double that.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Tanks have very little markup and sell pretty close to the same most places that carry them. (Of course there are paces that are ridiculous)

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
You can get them at just about every LFS around here with no top or glass lid for around 10-12 last time I looked. Have you tried Walmart?

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
If you really need something quick and cheap, you could buy a clear plastic storage container. They run you about $5 - $6 at target or walmart. Also you can use it for storage once you get a permanent tank. You probably don't want to fill it up the whole way, but the surface area is mainly what determines capacity.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store