Multiple male dwarf gourami's in Same tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mr.bigglesworth

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
Norcal, East Bay Area
Real Name
Ryan
Can I keep a group of male dwarfs together in a 48" long tank? I would get females but their a pita to find.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mr.bigglesworth

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
Norcal, East Bay Area
Real Name
Ryan
Dead fish are an easy meal...could have easily been ripped apart postmortem.
Yes but it seems much more likely that he was murdered. The other dwarf that I introduced ~24 hours before his demise was a lot bigger and I saw them lip-locking a few hours before. Sadly I didn't act quick enough :(.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dtn23

AC Members
Aug 1, 2012
I have 3 dwarf gouramis in my 55g community. 1 powder blue, 1 flame and 1 regular dwarf. They all get along very well and often share algae wafers and swim together. All 3 are male and were added seperately. Not sure if all will behave as well but this is my personal experience.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I consider my Pearls big, and they are only about 4+ inches.

IMO--The Pearl is more peaceful, but the one male I have would not allow another male in the tank.

BruinsBro1997

AC Members
Dec 12, 2011
California
Real Name
Ben
Honey gouramis are not aggressive and you can keep several members together. Way back when I used to have a trio of honey gouramis. Not aggressive or feisty, just minded their own business and kept to themselves. Miss those guys.

Just a note, honey gourami isnt the same thing as a dwarf gourami. Two completely different species, honey gouramis stay around the 1.5-2 inch mark and are usually only orange-gold colored.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store