Giant mystery snails, how much?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
I was wondering if anyone knows how much very large golfball size+ mystery snails (specifically blue) go for? I am considering slowing down my breeding snails since over time iv grown and kept 6 very large ones but now I get too many babies! Iv been removing clusters because I dont have the time and the bioload will be too great as I just had 3x clutchs hatch a week or so ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chickadee

Snail addict
Dec 26, 2010
Traverse City, MI
Do you know the scientific name? Pomacea canaliculata maybe? I see there are some "Peruvian Giant Apple Snails" for sale on Aquabid right now (which I just looked up and are Pomacea Maculata) $20 for 5 small ones. Then there are Flapples (Florida Apple Snails) Pomacea paludosa. Don't know prices on those but I could find out easily enough. I honestly don't know if any come in blue though. The pics I've seen all look like patterns of brown. I know canas cannot be shipped over state lines, not sure about the others.

Last edited:

Chickadee

Snail addict
Dec 26, 2010
Traverse City, MI
Oh, diffusas? I thought you meant the really big apple snails, lol. So you want diffusas that are bigger than average or just full grown? I think the price is gonna vary depending on the seller. I could ask around for you. I know a few people. ;)

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Yea just average ones, there fully grown ones is all I meant lol. Im just curious since there making so many freaking babies and at this point its just kinda a thought

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chickadee

Snail addict
Dec 26, 2010
Traverse City, MI
Well the grown ones are gonna breed too. I don't know at what age they quit laying eggs but by then I'm guessing they'd be near the end of their life cycle. I just separated my sexes into two tanks. Of those 7 babies you sent me, 6 were males. They're now in their own 10 gal tank with shrimp. It wasn't so much the eggs but there was so much hanky panky going on and my 2 older girls weren't getting a minute of peace. lol. Now everyone seems happy.

Kessler

Registered Member
Dec 30, 2012
Do you know the scientific name? Pomacea canaliculata maybe? I see there are some "Peruvian Giant Apple Snails" for sale on Aquabid right now (which I just looked up and are Pomacea Maculata) $20 for 5 small ones up and are. Then there are Flapples (Florida Apple Snails) Pomacea paludosa. Don't know prices on those but I could find out easily enough. I honestly don't know if any come in blue though. The pics I've seen all look like patterns of brown. I know canas cannot be shipped over state lines, not sure about the others.
Hi, would you happen to remember who had the Pomacea maculata?
Thanks,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store