Black Ghost Knife with Texas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

viboy

Born Sarcastic
Mar 15, 2002
BC, Canada
I am currently running a 90g with 1 texas (5"), 1 gold severum (5"), and 1 chocolate (3"). I picked up a 125 drilled tank that I will be setting up in the next couple of months and am looking ahead at other tank inhabitants. I was thinking about a ghost knife and do not know if is would be compatible and if it was what size would he need to be to hold his own. Filtration will be a 45 gallon wet/dry.

Any other tankmate suggestions are appreciated.

oh yeah, I almost forgot. I have one 10" common pleco that I rescued from a friends tiny tank.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
Find a big piece of PVC pipe for him to hide in, and it should be OK. The biggest problem is going to be getting food to him. The cichlids will probably eat it all before any gets to the bottom of the tank. If you can target feed it, then I don't see any problems.

viboy

Born Sarcastic
Mar 15, 2002
BC, Canada
I can see you point about the food. My texas is a pig! I am planning on putting in a big piece of driftwood, hopefully I can find a stump with some good hiding spots on the bottom. I also forgot to mention my 3" buffalo. He is the only bottom dweller I am concerned with but I figure with the driftwood they should both be able to find separate territories.

I may talk to my lfs soon and get them to save me a bgk so that it is a little larger when I move everyone to the new tank. I also thought about building a refugium into my wet/dry to use as a grow-out.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
BGKs are very easily trained to take food right out of your hand. My last one would play a game of tug of war when I gave him a nightcrawler.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store