Cleaning stuff after disease fish pass

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
bleach..massive quantities

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
let it soak in the solution for a bit and scrub with a coarse brush. The filter media toss and replace.

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
How would I rinse with dechlorinated water with the tanks? Also can I do pots, pvc pipe, and rocks this way or should I bake them?
Let EVERYTHING soak. 24 hours.

Use a cup of bleach for 3 gallons (it's not exactly 10:1 ratio but close).

After 24 hours. Drain and pour fresh tap water in the bucket. Let everything soak again.... about 6 hours. Then drain and fill with fresh tap water then add water conditioner and let everything soak for a few more hours or overnight again.

After the filter media soaks in the bleach/water, I would rinse it in fresh water in another container and squeeze and agitate it in fresh water every couple of hours, changing the water each time. Then add fresh water, water condition and let is soak (while periodically agitating it) for a few hours.

For the tank I would make a small bowl of 50/50 water and bleach, take a towel (one that you don't mind that's going to damage it), and scrub the inside of the tank everywhere. Then rinse with clean water. Fill with water, add water conditioner and let sit for several hours. Drain and you're done.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Use a cup of bleach for 3 gallons (it's not exactly 10:1 ratio but close).
if my math serves me correctly, a quart of bleach would be closer than a cup.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store