aqueon pro waterchanger?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
I have yet to use my aqueon waterchange to re-fill a tank with fish (thus far the only water changes I have made were on my 40g, which is empty and cycling).

when I am refilling the tank with water directly from the tap- how should I add dechlorinator? dose enough to dechlorinate the whole tank just prior to turning on the hose to add water? for example- for 1 drop/gallon conditioner, do 45 drops on my 40 breeder (since it hold more like 45 gallons), 29 for my 29g, etc?

any help is greatly appreciated!

Ray1981

AC Members
Mar 24, 2012
Mercedes Texas
First of all I would recommend prime and secondly I would dose for the amount of water of the tank not the amount of water your replacing.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
First of all I would recommend prime and secondly I would dose for the amount of water of the tank not the amount of water your replacing.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
+3

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
there you have it.
I concur ;)
dose for the volume of the tank

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
dose enough to dechlorinate the whole tank just prior to turning on the hose to add water
Exactly.

And I also highly recommend Prime as a dechlorinator. It has more effective uses than any other dechlorinator, and due to needing far less to treat a tank, it's much less expensive per dose as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store