Fish suggestions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hayleysd

AC Members
May 23, 2012
Moving most of my fish to a 75 gallon, leaving my 37g with a julii cory, a very shy firemouth and I plan on adding a south American puffer. Any suggestions as to further additions? I am looking for color in this tank.

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
Your cory would be a lot happier if it had a few buddies. I'm not sure if the SA puffer is a good idea...

wren

hayleysd

AC Members
May 23, 2012
He's the last of a group, I'm just letting him do his thing til the end. And I've had SAs before. The freshwater kind (Colomesus acellus), not the brackish.

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
Have you ever tried rainbows? They are active and busy, but don't usually bother other fish. Their colors aren't so great in the pet shop, but as they grow they are really gorgeous. They might outcompete the puffer for food though. They are very fast. They also might make the firemouth a little less shy.

wern

hayleysd

AC Members
May 23, 2012
Haha I have a big plec already! And these puffers aren't really fin nippers. They were quite fun.

Hr0th9ar

AC Members
Sep 8, 2012
Winton, CA
You should do fine with that puffer. I used to have green spotted puffers. They are really neat fish but extremely aggressive. If I had known about these freshwater puffers I would have gotten them...

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I would get more corys...I don't keep them in groups less than 4 because they lose a lot of their weird spastic cory energy, and juliis are adorable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store