Fry food?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
For my science fair project, after picking through all the ideas you guys gave me, I decided on the "Do fry grow better on live or processed food experiment." So, my question to you is, what is some commercially available fry food? Feel free to list flakes, pellets, and liquid, as long as they're big enough for guppy fry! I also need live food. Same thing, needs to be small enough for guppies. Can be anything, but preferably relatively easy to culture. I'll take a few difficult ideas too. So, let me know what you got! Thanks!

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I've used hikari first bites, hbh baby bites, normal flakes crushed up. Guess brine shrimp would be the easiest live culture. Newborn guppy fry would be to small for black or blood worms for the first couple weeks. Baby brine aren't the most nutritious thing if your doing live instead of frozen maybe load them up with selcon before feeding to the fry.

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Thanks! So, looks currently like flakes and pellets, with some golden pearls and spirilla powder. So, what about that liquid stuff I saw?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store