Hello from a veteran SW/reef keeper

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lupine

AC Members
Sep 12, 2012
Oklahoma
Hi all. I just joined this forum. I have been keeping SW tanks since 2000. I have never had much luck with FW but seem to have learned a lot (from making mistakes) the last couple of years and am setting up a few new FW tanks as well as a WIP 55 gallon brackish paludarium. I have recently come to the conclusion that FW chemistry is 10X as hard as SW:wall:, but I'm getting a handle on it.

I recently finished my 2nd Bachelor's Degree by going to school 75 miles away full time while working full time, and thus neglecting and eventually giving away all of my livestock due to my insane and broke lifestyle. Now I'm back to 'normal' and getting back into some of my old hobbies. Yea!

I didn't go into great detail on my profile page, so here's a breakdown of my tanks.

1. Victorian hand-blown glass fishbowl that belonged to my great-grandmother (it's in my blood I guess), containing 2 Endler's (Poecilia wingei), a yellow fire shrimp (Neocardina heteropoda) and a marimo ball
2. A 7.5 gallon SW cube w/LED containing chaeto, grape caluerpa, and some awesome hitchhikers, awaiting some sexy shrimp (Thor ambionensis) and Ricordia florida.
3. A 10 gallon FW which will as of Friday contain 5 Danio margaritatus along with some Otocinclus cats, several yellow fire shrimp (Neocardina heteropoda) and cherry shrimp (Neocaridina denticulata sinensis) and some Java Moss (Vesicularia dubyana), Flame Moss (Taxiphyllum sp), Crystalwort (Riccia fluitans), and Anopogeton ulvaceus.
4. A 30 gallon species tank (sorta) for Aponogeton madagascarensis, some of the above mentioned shrimp will be going in there when I get some Longfin Red Whiteclouds (Tanichthys albonubes).
5. A 55 gallon brackish paludarium that is a WIP. I have 2 Red Mangrove (Rhizophora mangle) living in it now, and will be getting some mudskippers.
6. A currently unoccupied 55 which will house Microgeophagus ramirizi, Pseudomugil gertrudae, and maybe a pair ofSymphysodon aequifasciatus.
7,8, and 9. Empty 55's, planning on SW for alll three probably. Would like another octopus (have had O. briareus, would like O. bimaculatus), and a seahorse tank.
10. Empty 40B, awaiting SPS's.
11. Empty 180, awaiting my first Algal Turf Scrubber build and azooathellate corals.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store