Aquarium fundamentals stand

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sm_monster

AC Members
May 1, 2012
I have a couple options for my smaller tanks and I'm not sure which way to go. :duh:

Does anyone have one of these?

http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?sku=1384562

It looks like it can hold 2 of the same size tank but I'm not sure. I want it to hold a 20 high and a standard 15 that I already have.

Or I could get a used 25 gallon locally with a marineland iron stand for $50/60 with all of the stuff (filter, hood, etc.). Then I would use the 15 for qt and have the 20 and 25 active.

Thoughts? I already have 4 10 gallon tanks that I want to get rid of so getting another tank (no matter what size) is going to be a pain. Any tips on selling them?

GraphicGr8s

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Tampa, FL
Real Name
George
I don't care for the metal stands you have to assemble. I do like the welded wrought iron stands and have 6 or 7 of them. Still looking for 1 last stand for another 55 I have. Some of them hold to tanks with the same footprint some don't. I've got some of each. I searched on CL and have paid as little as $10 for a 55 single and as much as $50 for a 75 double. New a 55 double is $70 or so. If worse comes to worse I'll by new for my last 55 if I can't find one used when I am finally ready to put water in it.
For the larger tanks like a 55 although the footprint is the same you really can't put a 55 on the bottom. It just doesn't have enough clearance between the top of the tank and the bottom of the top tank to work in the bottom tank. I've got a 45 below the 55. That works.

Depending on price I'd consider a stand and tank. Worse that happens you sell or trash the tank. Again, depends on price.

Right now there's a nice 75 with metal stand on CL for $50. I just know the wife would never understand another 75 gallon tank. Need a plan to hide it for a while. Then play like I've always had it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store