3" fish for 20 gallon tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nyrrangers

AC Members
Sep 9, 2012
I have 6 zebras, a dwarf gourami, a bulldog pleco, and 2 upside down catfish. Any fish around 3 inches or so that would work in my tank? Thanks everyone

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
Zebra danios? Zebra Cichlids? Zebra otos? Zebra is a very common nickname for fish, usually having a zebra stripe pattern. What kind of zebra are we talking about?

Regardless of what kind of zebra, your upside down catfish will outgrow your tank in a matter of months. Until they're re-homed, I wouldn't recommend adding anything to it.

Nyrrangers

AC Members
Sep 9, 2012
zebra danios. and the catfish aren't the asian type. they are the Synodontis nigriventris. They get to about 4" total. Thanks for looking out for me though:clap:

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
zebra danios. and the catfish aren't the asian type. they are the Synodontis nigriventris. They get to about 4" total. Thanks for looking out for me though:clap:
Interesting. I meant synodontis as well, but thought they got bigger than that, as my friend has one that's easily 7-8" and is an "upside-down" syno cat as well. But I did a quick Google search about that specific species, and all the sites say 4". I'll have to check with him, perhaps he's got a different species of syno cat.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
007, there are many different species of Upside-down synodontis out there---From 4" to 9"

A Kribby would look nice.

FastFreddy

AC Members
Sep 11, 2012
Australia
Real Name
Sam
+1 on Kribensis. They are awesome fish. Also as Jayhawk mentioned, Bolivian Rams are great too. And more robust then their more popular cousins. But yes, dwarf cichlids ftw :)

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
007, there are many different species of Upside-down synodontis out there---From 4" to 9"

A Kribby would look nice.
That would certainly explain it! I didn't realize there were so many syno cats that can't figure out which way is up! lol

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
+1 on Kribensis. They are awesome fish. Also as Jayhawk mentioned, Bolivian Rams are great too. And more robust then their more popular cousins. But yes, dwarf cichlids ftw :)
Dwarf cichlids get my vote too. Colorful with character.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store