Wobbegong tankmates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jag586

AC Members
May 29, 2012
As the topic states what's some tank mates for a wobbi? Thinking of building a tank 8 ft. X 4 ft. X idk prolly 3 ft high.... I want a wobbegong and thinking lionfish.... and what else? Thanks everyone

Sent from my LS670 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jag586

AC Members
May 29, 2012
I've haven't had a sw tank in years but last I remember damsels were small... and I figured my tank would be like 700 gallons I need larger?

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
I think damsels would be too small to be bothered. Im far from an expert on large tanks or sharks, but for a fish that gets to 4 ft for the smaller species, 8x4 doesn't sound like enough to me. Can you even buy them?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jag586

AC Members
May 29, 2012
Idk saw it on "tanked " I really want just a bunch of lionfish figured a wobbi would be a nice addition could I do a tank full of volton lions? Maybe add some sting rays insted of the shark

mbd521

AC Members
Jan 23, 2009
Akron Ohio
From the little knowledge I have about lionfish I think you could easily have quite a few of them in that size tank, but again my experience is limited (basicly to a clownfish and another that died:-(

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
No fish has any business in a tank it can't turn around in with hitting the sides. Since Wobbes can get 10' you need to worry about a suitable tank before you worry about suitable tamkmates.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Tanked is awful for stocking, they stock incompatable species all the time and often stock innapropriate fish in tanks. Like they actually stock some sharks.with the intention ( and req) to rehome them into a bigger tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Tanked is awful for stocking, they stock incompatable species all the time and often stock innapropriate fish in tanks. Like they actually stock some sharks.with the intention ( and req) to rehome them into a bigger tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
The difference for them is resources. They have the connections to regularly rehome fish. And they make even more money off it (as seen in one of the episodes).

For the average aquarist this doesn't work. So yeah, it is never good to base stocking on what they do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store