Trip to LFS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
Went to the LFS with my son's friend to get his first fish. He got 3 painted tetras, not my favorite, but if he likes em, he'll care for them better. Gave him the media from one of my filters. He's all set. I hope he takes care of them. While I was there, I saw a long finned German Ram that I would love to have, but I'm pretty sure I'm already ”borderline” overstocked. :( too bad my boyfriend won't let me have a 3rd tank....

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
"lets" can be returned..just saying...

mesto

There's a FISH in the percolator!
Apr 28, 2012
^^lol

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Get a new tank anyway ;) tell him it's an early christmas gift to yourself haha. Good luck with your son's friend's fish! That's really sweet of you

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
I got my girlfriend to give me more leeway with tanks by getting her a fish that she could love, relate to, and interact with, a german blue ram named Baby Girl.

have you tried getting a fish that he can appreciate? Tell us what he likes, and we can prolly tell you how to make him smitten!

like the fish that is cool enough to be named after the boxing world champion of 7 years in a row. Jack Dempsey, whose last words were supposedly "I'm too mean to Die." then once you get him to get that, you can add more beautiful tankmates like the salvini and red severum.

or if he likes starwars, put a millennium falcon and TIE fighters in the tank with green and red glofish(to simulate lasers) and a space background

OR if he owns a pittbull, buy him piranhas or an oscar

or if he's just kinda goofy, get him a puffer named "(boyfriend's name) jr." no one can resist the charm of a puffer named after them

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
Lol!!! Great ideas! He likes Jack Dempsies, and I do too, but I don't know alot about them. He says the only way we can get another tank is if it's salt water. I'm not interested in going that route though.

What can be kept with JDs?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store