40 Gallon Breeder... best fish to add with my current set up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NeverFadeAway86

AC Members
Jun 15, 2011
Columbus, OH
Real Name
Brian C
I have a 40 gallon breeder tank. with Espi Rasboras, Head and Tail light tetras and Sterbai cories... I am going to be upping some of the numbers i already have with these types of fish.

But i am looking to possible add a new type of fish, something not to complicated to take care of and that can handle the other types of fish i have already

I have 1 rock cave, about 6 big Crypt Spirals plants and a small smooth pebble substrate and a couple fake plants that I may or may not be removing for space

any suggestions on types of fish I can add ??

I am current way understocked and over filtered... I have a penguin 350 bio wheel
I have about 8 Espis, 2 Sterbais, 1 Head and tail light. I know that the cories need a larger group and so does the tetra so i will add to those numbers first but am looking for some more types of community fish i could add

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
I think having schools with what you currently have and adding a pair of dwarf cichlids will be a really nice tank.

Gouramis could work too.

angelfishlover

Angelfish and Discus freak!!!
Mar 8, 2007
Singapore
Real Name
Faiz
I think pearl gouramis or blue gouramis will work. Do mind of male blue gouramis. Some can get nippy with their own kind like mine does. But overall its easy to take care.

And can add more corys like Bronze or more Sterbai's. I love to see my corys as they love to swim around actively up and down chasing each other. But they will rest together near a rock cave :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store