Hi there!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sylvain4

Registered Member
Sep 14, 2012
Hi, I just joined looking for some cool info about keeping an aquarium as a new hobby!

Very nice place you guys have here! :clap:

808_fairladyz

Hawaii Freshwater Aquaria Hobbiest
Nov 23, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Go big or go home....nah, I just kidding. Best advice I can give you is, plan carefully and do research. Before purchasing fish, research how lrge that fish will grow in the long run to determine if your aquarium will be large enough. If you find that you no longer able to car for fish, be responsible about it and return them to your lfs. Most lfs will give you a trade credit, mine does. Never release them into the wild. Before you try to house different fishes together, make sure they're compatible, again, do research. Filtration is very important as well as regular water changes. Be sure to treat your tap water with a de chlorinating additive before use. Fish keeping isn't rocket science, doesn't need to be overly complicated. Just need to be diligent. Fish can't change their own water or feed themselves. They're lives rest entirely in our hands. Aloha, have fun :D

Sent from my LG-P509

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store