Kudos to my local Petsmart employee!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
She totally asked all the legit questions and told these people to buy a school of tetras, not just one, and got them to buy the bottled bb since they insisted on setting up and stocking tank today (I figure it's better than nothing, and she tried to get them to wait).

AbbeysDad

AC Members
Nov 7, 2011
Real Name
Michael
We have a great gal, Heather, at the local Petsmart here too. She is a well informed hobbyist that really knows her stuff. Not only that, one day I was wondering if a 48" Aqueon light set would work over my dual hoods on my 60g Marineland aquarium. She went to the trouble of unboxing it and put it on a tank to see!!! I was just window shopping and not buying, so I thanked her for taking the time to check - SHE THANKED me for asking the question and also informed a co-worker that the retro fit would work! (we're all still learning).

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
I saw a petsmart employee refuse to sell a feeder goldfish to a woman because she was going to put it in the bowl she had in her cart. He informed her that goldfish get very large and produce a lot of waste so they need very big filtered tanks or a pond if you are going to be keeping them as pets. Petsmart has some good employees in the fish dept. Havent had the same luck at petco, but its been a while since I've bought fish there.

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
I have only been asked about tank size and how long it's been established once. It was Petco and it was because I had a two gallon (betta) in my cart and I was buying several fish (for two seperate tanks).

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
I've never actually got some worth it info. from them. Oh, except when I asked where the frozen blood worms are. :) Mine just likes to sell me whatever, and usually don't know what they're talking about.

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
The petsmart I go to has a bunch of ladies in the fish area that know their stuff too

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
She totally asked all the legit questions and told these people to buy a school of tetras, not just one, and got them to buy the bottled bb since they insisted on setting up and stocking tank today (I figure it's better than nothing, and she tried to get them to wait).
That's good :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store