Reintroduction

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spudjnr123

AC Members
Apr 3, 2006
Vacaville, CA
www.flickr.com
Real Name
Taylor
Camera Used
Nikon D610
Hey everyone, This is Taylor, aka spudjnr123, returning with a different profile and after a looooooong hiatus almost 2 years off the forum and without an aquarium! :O (I was doing a lot of cross country moving). But now, I return and reintroduce myself.

I have been keeping aquariums for about 12 years now, since I was a young kid of 12. Started out stupidly with the overstocked ten gallon with just about every no-no fish I could find from bichirs to cichlids to angels, all with success (i didn't kill them, I just moved them to a new home when they got to big) although I'm sure with permanent morphological damage (Hey I was young). From there I moved to biotopes, which is where I am going to pick up on. I started with a Northern South America stream biotope with a mating pair of Blue Rams and a small school of 5 neons, this ended disastrously when I left the rather delicate and tempermental rams in the hands of a negligent keeper who did not monitor levels and temp in the middle of winter. Then moved on to a beautiful neolamprologus multifasciatus family which was actually given to me by *CRIM* who used to frequent these boards and sell her multis. They lasted until my move from college, at which point I gave up tanks for a while to move around the US chasing job offers.

Now I live in North Central Washington among the mountains, and am looking to create an invasive/keepable natives (I have special permits, yay!) biotope for my office (I'm a salmon biologist). I plan on having a young (hopefully <1yr) brookie be the centerpiece of a 24 gallon chilled tank. The tank may contain 3 or 4 long-nosed dace, and a sculpin or two, all depending on size and availability.

So that's me and my plans in a nutshell!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome back!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name