Betta in a 3 inch cube.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
A girl at work just got a betta to put on her desk and put it in a vase that is shaped like a cube and about 3 inches deep and 3 inches wide, even though I told her not to. I even showed her online the proper care for a betta. She called me fish peta, and when she brought him to the office she had to specifically show it to me.

djlamonica

AC Members
Sep 16, 2012
bettas have been kept bin horrible conditions for a long time. I got into a small argument with a buddy who couldn't believe I would waste a filtered tank on a beta when they can be kept in small unfiltered cups of water.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Tell her that even tho the betta may live it is miserable. Maybe instead of giving facts on how horrible this is, make it emotional, may work... just a thought. I mean surviving and thriving are totally different. Sorry you have to deal with this lady, she seems kinda mean if she's shoving the betta in your face

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
ask her if she would be happy living her life in a small box that is mere inches wider and taller than her. and that she can never leave the box, and she has to go to the bathroom in that box and sit there in it until somebody feels like taking the waste away. tell her she has no control over the temperature in the box, and nobody to listen to her when she is too cold or too warm. tell her that she can eat only when somebody feels like feeding her. tell her there will be a very strong smell of ammonia in the box all the time, burning her skin and lungs.

and then ask her if this betta is living a fair life.

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
I tried to explain it several ways yesterday. She kept going back to the argument that they live in cups at the store, etc. She brought it up to another coworker who told her it was fine because his son has one in a smaller container.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
does she not realize that the cups in the store are TEMPORARY???

sadly, it sounds like she will not listen to reason, or do what is right for her betta.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
I tried to explain it several ways yesterday. She kept going back to the argument that they live in cups at the store, etc. She brought it up to another coworker who told her it was fine because his son has one in a smaller container.
that is so sad..im sorry you have to deal wit this.

maybe ask her if its ok to keep a puppy in the little cages they are kept in at the pet store as well?..or a cat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store