2 female bettas in a 2.5?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
I would go with a bigger tank. At least a 10 so like that they can have more room to swim around in with plenty of plants and if you want, you can add a small school of Neon Tetras.

theshadybird

Registered Member
Oct 1, 2012
Yeah, Female Betta are calmer than Males, but can still, well, brutally kill each other ^^. I have a 10 gallon sorority right now, and even with four girls, it's hard to keep down the aggression sometimes. I know I'm doing well when everyone's fins are fully healed!
With only two girls, one is GOING to become dominant and possibly kill the other, so it's definitely a no-no. Three or more is the minimum so they can set up a healthy pecking order, and more is even better (to the limits of your tank, of course). I did have six, and it was working very well, but two of my girls were much older than my other two, and tragically passed away two weeks ago. I'm planning to get another girl this weekend, so that the numbers are a little rounder.
Sororities are really risky to set up, so if you become interested, do MOUNDS on research.
And Good luck! I'm glad your interested in a pretty little girl, they have such amazing personalities.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store