Hi all!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyrin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2012
I'm pretty new to keeping fish, Except when I was much younger and nobody in my house knew anything. 4 goldfish died overnight. So this time a round I did my research. I'm currently keeping 4 goldfish which I've had for a few weeks and my newest addition a little angelfish and balashark to keep him company. Looking forward to learning more and advancing in my knowledge and abilities to keep fish.

-Kyrin

djlamonica

AC Members
Sep 16, 2012
well you need to research a little more because you can't keep any of those fish together. What size tank do you have? One gold fish grow very larger and are a cold water fish. Both the Bala shark and the angel fish grow large not to mention the Bala shark will tear the angels fins apart. They both also need a heater. Did you cycle the tank?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

kyrin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2012
well you need to research a little more because you can't keep any of those fish together. What size tank do you have? One gold fish grow very larger and are a cold water fish. Both the Bala shark and the angel fish grow large not to mention the Bala shark will tear the angels fins apart. They both also need a heater. Did you cycle the tank?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I should have mentioned they're not all in the same tank. The angel and the bala in in a 2 foot tank, just while they're small. I have a 4 foot coming very shortly. The goldfish in their seperate tanks are in a 60 Litre, again I plan on upsizing.

I've cycled both tanks. Elodea and fish flakes to get things started and I've been keeping a close eye on both the water quality and the relatoinship between the bala and the angel- Believe it or not, extremely harmonious.

This time around I have a formerly estranged family member who used to keep fish and did so for YEARS, and my Mum is now keeping a 5 foot tank- tropical.

So, yes. I did my research.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store