Male german ram will kill each other?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.bigglesworth

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
Norcal, East Bay Area
Real Name
Ryan
In 100g community tank? I had 3 males and a female. The weakest male was found dead this morning I got him from Petsmart about 3 weeks ago. Idk if this helps but my mom mentioned he was acting funny at the store although I didn't see any problems and she's a noobie.

My water params are holding steady at ~30ppm nitrates. No ammonia/ammonium and no nitrites. I did a water change this past Monday. My ph is ~6.4 and my water is slightly hard.

I got them on Thursday and Petsmart gets new stock on Tuesdays but idk if they were new or old only know it was the last 1 left. The other 2 were privately purchased from a local breeder which were raised on my local tap water. The female was from my lfs and she is fine. So are the others. No other deaths so far. They commonly flare gills at each other. Like every 5 mins. About a month ago they produced eggs but they were eaten by my discus. They are 1"-~2" in size. The 1 that died was smallest male @ 1". Tank is heavily planted.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Unless you had a pair form and kill the other one, either by stressing it out or not allowing it to eat, it is an act of god.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store