Moved fish and tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I wonder, if I move my tank from one house to another, do I have to cycle the whole tank again or no? I left the same carbon caritage in the filter and I put the old decor back into the tank with some of the old plants and added some new plants. I fill so much better that the water now is clean and gravel rinsed out. Since I moved everything, I will be able to do more water changes on the tank and keep my fish as happy as I can keep them healthy. Right now, I am treating them for ich since they are sressed from the move.

I also did a few changes, first off I took my full grown Gold Groumai to the pet shop and I gotten a pearl groumai and once it is fully grown will be 3 inches. The Gold kept attacking my Angels and my other fish. I am looking into getting a Butterfly Hillstream Loach, since I love my two Kuhli loaches.

Old photo of 37g.
37g_new_cener_piece_by_vinceniavalentine-d5ame7n.jpg

New photo of 37g.
IMG_0725.JPG The background I custom made.

Which setup do you guys like better?

37g_new_cener_piece_by_vinceniavalentine-d5ame7n.jpg IMG_0725.JPG

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Oops, didnt notice that near the pics.

How big is that angle? He/she makes that tank look like a 10g compared to the angles I have seen.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Depends on whether what's left can handle the input of ammonia. Keep an eye on the params and do water changes in case there is a small spike from a mini cycle. It shouldn't last very long given what was all transferred over.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I rinsed out all the gravel, so the gravel is clean. I used some water from the cooler I had old water from the tank before I moved it. I have to get a new test kit cause my other one disappeared somewhere. But that has to wait till I get a new job, but I will do a 25% water change every other week or so.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Be careful about getting a butterfly loach. They prefer high current tanks (or surface agitation) and are best in groups, even though they are territorial. If you do not have a high current tank, the fish will slowly suffocate to death even though it may look ok to you. I have a powerhead and two filters on my 40g hillstream tank and I feel like that isn't enough. They prefer algae, especially the green kind on rocks as they like grazing on the micro-organisms. Some are very picky on food and will starve to death if no algae is available.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
My filter has a strong current and it pushes my angels down. I'm also going to put in an air bubbler in soon. I have green algae growing on 3 of the rocks in my tank and on the glass.
Yes, but you also have to make sure they eat something else. They won't survive entirely on algae. Algae wafers might work, depending on the fish but I've had better luck feeding gel foods.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store