Whoops

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Entold

AC Members
Jan 18, 2012
I started my saltwater tank yesterday, I have 30 pounds of live sand, 4 pounds of live rock, and the water and salt is mixed. I was sick of the cloudiness from adding the sand so I added API Accu-clear to the tank. Its a 29G so I added 58 drops. I noticed on the bottle afterwards, it says for FW use only. Am I introuble? Will it affect my tank? Thoughts

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Since your just starting the cycle I doubt it'll have any consequences. In the future place a plastic bag over the sand/base rock and pour the water onto that, little if any cloudiness.

Entold

AC Members
Jan 18, 2012
Awesome, they put FW only in the smallest text ever. I was just hoping I wouldnt have to change the water out and stuff "/

Yeah, I did a saltwater about a year ago and used a plate but this time I had about 20 mins to add the sand and water before I had to go to work so I just dumped it in and didnt rinse the sand either. Stupid move but as long as it'll settle Ill wait. My 20lbs of liverock comes in about a week. I got it for 10$ on craigslist xD

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store