Ptrick125's 75 Gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I finally have the stand finished and the tank filled with water. I used RO water from the LFS to fill it up. Also, I have my seeded homemade LR in there. The plan is to buy 20lbs of Fiji LR and to get some bio spira. I also have the AC110 hooked up and running well, but there seems to be a problem with the marineland bio wheel 400.

My mom wants a fish in there by next Saturday when my brother is having his birthday party. So I added the 6oz of bio spira that I had. I am planning on having a fish-in cycle with a 5$ damselfish... And then I am going to get a Niger triggerfish and then a lionfish when I feel better about putting a 40$ fish in the tank :)

I will post pics when I am ungrounded from my iPod

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Real Name
Patrick
I forgot to add: What should I feed a damsel? I have plenty of krill, algae pellets, flakes, and pellets.

I will probably get a group of 3 yellow tailed damsels...

Last edited:

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Don't torture the damsel.

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Real Name
Patrick
Ok, so I guess I won't do a fish-in cycle... I looked it up on the Internet some more and it is a bad idea...

I went to petco and got about 15lbs of LR and placed it at different places around the tank. I also bought a bunch of nitrifying bacteria and put it in the tank. Tomorrow when I test again, I will be able to see if it worked. The petco near me has some really good prices on fish, and all the fish were healthy and active :)

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
What brand bacteria did you get? I am curious to see if it works out or not.

Also, do you have a sw test kit or just fw?

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Real Name
Patrick
What brand bacteria did you get? I am curious to see if it works out or not.

Also, do you have a sw test kit or just fw?
For bacteria I have byozyme and bio-spira

I have a API liquid test kit for FW and SW

Right now I have been adding krill to feed the bacteria, tomorrow if the bacteria worked, there should be less ammonia (I had about .50 ammonia)

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I've used bio spira before, it may of helped speed up the cycle but it still took a couple weeks for all levels to come with in tolerance. Damsel is a bad idea for sure, bad for the fish, bad for you when later on you decide its a pain in the *** and you don't want it anymore, very hard to catch them.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I'd give it a week or two before you put anything in the tank. Let the rock you bought seed things. Nothing good happens quickly in sw tanks. What ever happened to your lr experiment?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store