I got a 75 I'm redoing. Looking for suggestions.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BloodThirsty

AC Members
Mar 17, 2005
I'm open to anything and everything but posted here cause cichlids are my main thing.

So I'm open to breeding pairs, single fish, community, oddballs ect. Tell me what you would do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
A 75 I would get discus as my first choice. A good half dozen and then let them pair off.

As a secondary I would get jack Dempseys, rams, Apistos, breeding angels (special breeds like blue or plat), Severum, or maybe just an African cichlid display of multiple varieties.

Sent from my awesome new Samsung Galaxy S3 using MAN app!

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
gotta love Jacks, salvinis, severums, and all those. It's a lot of fun to hand-feed and mess around with them in the water. You could rock a sweet 3d background. The dude in the link below did a friggin awesome background with real stones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRo3AfE7SPY&feature=related

BloodThirsty

AC Members
Mar 17, 2005
Wow, I'm diggin the African tank with the fronts. I had fronts for a short time and found then to be very skittish. I'm assuming maybe two fronts in a 75 with various other Africans?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

djlamonica

AC Members
Sep 16, 2012
Africans are always cool I love fronts had some more male haps abd peacocks so many different varietys. I'm more of a new world guy my self. Sevrums geos things likr that good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BloodThirsty

AC Members
Mar 17, 2005
OK I'm thinking of changing my plans. I think I need to move the GT out of my 120. He's never been a fanitic eater and I'm afraid he's not getting anything these days.

So what can I put with the GT in the 75? Could it survive with breeding cons in there? My thought is if it doesn't get the dry food there will be plenty of fry swimming around ready to nab.

In addition what dithers could I put in there besides silver dollars? I would like lots of activity in the tank.

Here is what is currently in my 120:

1 Green Terror
1 Texas/BP Hybrid
1 JD
1 Pictus Cat
4 Silver Dollars

Last edited:

djlamonica

AC Members
Sep 16, 2012
With the gt in the 75 I don't think the convicts would kill him if that's what your worrid about. All though with the convicts you kind of limit your other options and your dither choices. If you wanted just the convicts and gt I think you'd be fine. If you want a lot of fish skip those pesky cons. Gts can hold there own and depending on the fish also get along witht the more melo cichlids.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HybridHerp

AC Members
Jun 8, 2012
New York (Long Island)
Personally, I'm doing a planted tank with relatively peaceful "community" cichlids

When I say "community" btw, I mean things like geophagus brasiliensis, rainbow cichlids, blood parrots, angels, EBJD, and basically any other cichlid that can hold its own without being a SOB

Its also a hi-tech planted setup with EI dosing and all that fun stuff....so this tank is definitely a mish mash of a little bit of everything that I'm interested in. Really, in a 75, you have so many different options that you yourself need to narrow down your interests in order for anyone to help brainstorm ideas for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store