Angel community ideas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Himekp

AC Members
Sep 17, 2012
Chicago
Hello, I just rehomed a troublesome firemouth from my 75 gallon tank and I want to to turn it into an angel community. Right now I already have 1 angel, 1 krib, 4 peppered and 3 Julii cories, clown pleco, and a rubber lip pleco. I would like to add 3 more angels to make 4 and a school of tetras to add some more life to the tank, any ideas for the tetras? I was thinking about gold/black skirt tetras or maybe black neons but my heart isn't set on either. Will the tank be over stocked? Whatever advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

chickenlady

AC Members
Dec 28, 2009
Add small angels to the tank. They will grow up soon enough, and in the meantime the one angel won't feel threatened and leave them alone. Black neons will be snacks for grown angels, any small fish will to be honest. I had a school of congo tetras with my angels and they looked awesome. Or you could add some rainbow fish. Or the skirted tetras, though I don't know much about them except they get a bit larger than the neons. Either way, I don;t think you will be overstocked. I would also add come more corys to make your schools bigger. They do better in larger groups.

justahannah

Fascinated newb
Jul 29, 2008
Tacoma, WA
www.myspace.com
Real Name
Hannah
I really like my diamond tetras...they have a hard-to-eat body, a great shimmer, and they spend a good amount of time schooling around the tank, which seems to highlight how tall and graceful the angels are :).

Himekp

AC Members
Sep 17, 2012
Chicago
anyone have any experience with rummy nose tetras and angelfish? I really like how closely they school and the splash of red they add to the tank

lateinningmagic

Call Me E-Man
Apr 14, 2009
New York
I have a single Rummy nose (snuck in when I bought Danios 3 years ago)with 2 small angels, no problem on either side. When I was deciding on what school to get with my 40g community Angel tank I read Rummy Noses are a good choice. They are suppose to be really active schoolers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store