Electric Blue Rams

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cradlefan

AC Members
Jul 24, 2008
Real Name
Kris
I have 6 of them I just got and my SAE seems to be chasing them off in every direction when he sees them come out.....is this normal? I didn't think SAE's were known for being bullies..... Anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to get rid of my SAE, he is a good algae eater, but then my EBR's were expensive, and I would like them to live and not be constantly stressed out. Thanks everyone

cradlefan

AC Members
Jul 24, 2008
Real Name
Kris
It's like my SAE seeks them out. He goes swimming around the tank, and when he sees one, he bolts after it. It's ridiculous. Am I going to have to get rid of my SAE? I would hate to have it chase my fish to a point where they either jumped out of the tank, or died because they stressed out..... plus when it's feeding time, I have to kinda overfeed the tank, because the SAE claims all the food that gets put into the tank. Brine shrimp is nice though, cause it goes everywhere. :D

Knoxx

AC Members
Oct 10, 2009
Wisconsin
You might have a CAE which is sometimes sold as a SAE. They get quite aggressive.

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
both are agressive but the CAE is a parasite while the SAE is just territorial

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
CAE is a parasite???

they are a PIA but not a parasite..not even in the broad definition of parasite...
you should rehome either the SAE's or the Rams...

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
CAE is a parasite???

they are a PIA but not a parasite..not even in the broad definition of parasite...
you should rehome either the SAE's or the Rams...

CAE's feed on the protective slime coating of other fish

the equivalent would be a creature that eats your skin and nothing but;
if that isnt a parasite then I dont know what is

cradlefan

AC Members
Jul 24, 2008
Real Name
Kris
On Monday I am netting this PITA SAE and taking it in for store credit lol. He is just being too much lol. Hopefully he doesn't do any damage to them! Chasing them around isn't too bad I guess.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store