Hello from Mexico

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

moparfan74

Registered Member
Sep 30, 2012
Hi i'm here to introduce my self
I live in Mexico (please no negative comments of my country) and i've been in this hobby for almost a year, mi wife wanted some an aquarium so bad i got a 10 gal to start with, bought two cichlids and everything was going fine until i got some pacus then everything went down hill, the cichlids died then the pacus followed the water had a very bad smell so i think the fiilter was no good (platform filter) so i cleaned every thing and sanitized it all, somehow i got hooked on this so, i kept triyng and bought a couple of japanese carps of some sort and a marineland filter everything was fine but i suspect that they were sick and got ick and one of them died got some malachite green and a heater and saved the other one no collapsed fins or anything anymore some days passed, but being so hooked i got two calico goldfish from the same store how stupid hahaha, two days later the carp died , a week later the split tail one died also so i quarantined the last one and sanitized the tank again and had a happy ending this guy has been doing great for almost a year now (in october) the problem is that i don't know what type of goldfish it is i got it as a calico but the color is gone (have been feeding with ''color'' food) hope somebody could help me out on this one.

So i'll be in this forum to see what i can learn from you guys

i already got a 20 gallon tank because he needs some more space it has been getting bigger with time
but i'm working on the aquarium stand for now

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Looks like it's trying to be a Red Capped Oranda! I would expect to see more of a wen (the bump on the head that Orandas get) on a fish that size so it probably won't win any shows, but it looks like a healthy well cared for fish. Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store