New 125 gallon American cichlid setup. Need help stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

b lurkn

Registered Member
Sep 15, 2012
colorado
S it just so happened that today my friend gave up on selling his 125 gallon tank and just let me have it, he owed me a bit of money anyways.
As it just so happened I was looking for an upgrade to house my green terror male, I think, and convict, female
Now I need your help stocking the rest of the tank I'm thinking the following
Green terror
Convict
Electric blue Dempsey
Flag tail
Maybe some sort of severum, green or blue
gold datnoid
Some clown loachs, probably 2-3

Would this work? Tank would be filtered with 2 405s eventually upgraded to a fx5 if needed

Any other suggestions for some cool fish?

crazy4cichlid21

AC Members
Sep 30, 2012
New jersey
Real Name
Zach
The electric blue jack Dempsey is a smaller cichlid and won't be able to hang with the big guys when there mature. The tank is very big however but you said your green terror and convict are adults I am thinking the green terror hence its name wouldn't mix well. I think the clown loach would be ok they are bottom dwellers and get pretty large you should be ok if you want to add all the fish in your list but personally I wouldn't add electric jack Dempsey hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

crazy4cichlid21

AC Members
Sep 30, 2012
New jersey
Real Name
Zach
Sorry for my first reply my info was a bit off I think that would be a great set up for some reason I thought the jack Dempsey was smaller good luck sounds like a awesome tank.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Gold datnoid in an American tank???

I thought Dats originate in Indonesia :huh:

EBJD, Severum and a GT would prob fill the tank..at adult size the female Con (central american fish) will hold it's own

I personally think clown loaches(indonesia ) would prob overload the tank

b lurkn

Registered Member
Sep 15, 2012
colorado
Well the datnoid and flag fish are on the list becaus ei always wanted them and they would add to the large colorful fish and really look wonderful IMO. Both good community fish
If I could get away with
-green terror
-convict
-severum
-flag fish
-datnoid
I would be happy. I would like an ebjd but could do without if I had to
Or maybe you could suggest a fish that is nice and colorful, or awesome that would fit with the fish I have listed. Just want lots of life In here

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store