Big surprise!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
So i looked in my 29 and my angels have breed! Apparentally the female is the ghost and the silver is male. Thought it was the other way around but the ghost has a bigger papilia and shes fanning the eggs. Heres some pics

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1349132370.917599.jpg ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1349132384.941951.jpg

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
very nice.. are they the only inhabitants in the tank?
I have a pair of silvers that have been spawning.. I should have pulled the last batch of fry but missed it by 1 day.. I usually pull the free swimmers if I want to spend time raising the fry.
I have a10 ready to house the fry on the next batch they just layed(ate the free swimmers saturday and spawned sunday

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
Well i had 2 panda corys in there and i have 4 more in quarentine. I was going to make sure the two were alive today. I havent seen them but they hid a lot since they didnt have a school. Now im wondering if i should put the 4 pandas i have in quarentine in there. I dont want them to get attacked or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
if you want to have baby angels you prob need to house the angels in the tank by them selves..but they will defend the eggs and you can either remove the eggs or remove the fry after they hatch.
I usually let the parents do the work of hatching the eggs out then move the fry after they start swimming(6-7 days after layed)

but with the cories in the tank the pair may eat the eggs..a side not.. I have successfully raised fry from a community tank so it can be done

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
unfertilized eggs will turn white, fuzzy white.. fertilzes eggs usually start to change shape(oblong) and appear more translucent. which appears to be the ones in your case.

re: adding cories.. as long as they have cleared the QT period you can add them if you don't plan on raising angel babies

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store