Is this filter good for a 50G tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Skele

AC Members
Sep 7, 2012
I'm getting a offer for a used canister filter system. Around US$68. This is the product they are offering.

http://www.reptilica.co.uk/Sera-fil-bioactive-external-filter-400-UV.phtml

Is it a good system for a 50G tank? The first user had used it for about a few months and returned it back to dealer after breaking the top part. The dealer has replaced everything with new and has offered the same to my LFS guy for the discounted rate. The LFS guy called me asking if I'm interested and if so to go and take directly from the dealer.

Please advise :)

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
Wharfaquatics.co.uk suggests:For aquariums up to 400 L (88 imp gallons)
Max pump output: 1,100 LPH (242 imp GPH)

So it should be more than enough. The inside of it looks pretty beasty

Skele

AC Members
Sep 7, 2012
Wharfaquatics.co.uk suggests:For aquariums up to 400 L (88 imp gallons)
Max pump output: 1,100 LPH (242 imp GPH)

So it should be more than enough. The inside of it looks pretty beasty
Thanks Glabe :). Just confirmed I'll take it :)

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Wow that thing looks like a beast, indeed. I want 4.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Looks like the ump-teenth knock off of a Marineland "C" series...

Skele

AC Members
Sep 7, 2012
Wow that thing looks like a beast, indeed. I want 4.
Wish I could get more ;). The locals here will throw away even new things if they find it not what they had expected. The LFS guy informed that the filter is only 3 months old. Would be my luck if it works without trouble after I set it up :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Skele

AC Members
Sep 7, 2012
Looks like the ump-teenth knock off of a Marineland "C" series...
Trying to ruin my happiness eh? :). Rbishop these things are pretty hard to get in Dubai and even if you find one it will be cost the whole right side of yours. Like the API test kit, the cost over here is more than $100. Now I have arranged for the same from a friend in UK and its around $26+ only.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
Trying to ruin my happiness eh? :). Rbishop these things are pretty hard to get in Dubai and even if you find one it will be cost the whole right side of yours. Like the API test kit, the cost over here is more than $100. Now I have arranged for the same from a friend in UK and its around $26+ only.
yeah, leave it to Rbishop to rain on your parade!

if there's anything to be concerned about, it's the quality compared to more reliable brands. maybe that's what he had in mind. afterall... the Sera filter doesn't seem to have many reviews... none based on long-term reliability. most site info (like the one you posted) has sketchy lines like it was copy/pasted from the original site, with no 3rd party input whatsoever

... but i still have a good feeling about this one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store