python parts with Aqueon water changer?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ColleenT

AC Members
Sep 23, 2012
Lehigh Valley Pa
Real Name
Colleen Troiani
i bought an Aqueon water changer. Years ago i had a python system, but gave everything away. this time i bought the aqueon and it is so cheaply made, the plastic faucet adaptor won't stay on my faucet. as soon as i get it gently screwed into place( so i don't strip it), i try to screw on the other part and it falls off every time.

I know Python makes a metal adaptor and i am wondering if any of you know if that fits on the Aqueon?

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
I don't know about the python, but I know Lee's makes a metal adapter that works great with it. My Aqueon's plastic adapter worked fine, but over time the wear and tear from repeated use was visibly wearing down the threading, so I picked up a metal one to avoid the inevitable day that the plastic one would fail. Haven't had a single problem with the water changer since.

However, if you have a brand new Aqueon water changer, and it's bad enough that the plastic adapter just falls out, you either got an adapter with a factory defect (in which case you could take it back and exchange it for a working one), or your faucet doesn't have standard threading, in which case a metal one would end up doing the same.

ColleenT

AC Members
Sep 23, 2012
Lehigh Valley Pa
Real Name
Colleen Troiani
I don't know about the python, but I know Lee's makes a metal adapter that works great with it. My Aqueon's plastic adapter worked fine, but over time the wear and tear from repeated use was visibly wearing down the threading, so I picked up a metal one to avoid the inevitable day that the plastic one would fail. Haven't had a single problem with the water changer since.

However, if you have a brand new Aqueon water changer, and it's bad enough that the plastic adapter just falls out, you either got an adapter with a factory defect (in which case you could take it back and exchange it for a working one), or your faucet doesn't have standard threading, in which case a metal one would end up doing the same.
Thanks. we just bought this house a year ago, so i may change the faucet if i have to. and thanks i will get the metal adaptor.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
Aqueon also makes a brass adapter that you can use instead of the plastic one. But it may be that your faucet is not using the same threading.

You can also pick up a metal adapter at just about any hardware store and the advantage is that you can match it to whatever threads your faucet has.

Andy

ColleenT

AC Members
Sep 23, 2012
Lehigh Valley Pa
Real Name
Colleen Troiani
thank you. i ended up getting 10 ft extra hose and a connector and we were able to find an adaptor to fit the kitchen faucet and the aqueon. it worked great once i had all the right parts.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store