Saltwater options for a 40breeder...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BucketFish

AC Members
May 22, 2012
Ok, I hate to say it, I really do...I feel like such a spoiled brat...but freshwater is not my thing. I'm going salt with this tank. Soooo...I've got this 40breeder built&ready to go, just needs water and substrate and a cycle and I can start....i think...

I need help. I can't seem to pick an appropriate stocking list. Fish I am interested in keeping (not in the same tank): porcupine puffer, fuzzy dwarf lion, longnose hawkfish, maroon clowns, dwarf angels, non-reef safe wrasse, smaller tangs (Scopas maybe?)...are any of these appropriate for a 40breeder?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Tangs no way, Fuzzy Dwarf some would say yes, but I think its pushing it they get upto 7" I'd suggest a Fu Manchu instead. Longnose would be ok, porc puffer no way they grow to around a foot, saddle or toby puffers should work. maroon would be ok, most dwarf angels are good, not familiar enough with non reef safe wrasse to comment but I'm sure a few exist that would work in a 40.

A couple of your choices will eat any invert's including a CUC, I guess this will be FOWLR since your looking at wrasse? Most of your other choices would be ok with coral or atleast semi safe in the case of the angel.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Ok, I hate to say it, I really do...I feel like such a spoiled brat...but freshwater is not my thing. I'm going salt with this tank. Soooo...I've got this 40breeder built&ready to go, just needs water and substrate and a cycle and I can start....i think...

I need help. I can't seem to pick an appropriate stocking list. Fish I am interested in keeping (not in the same tank): porcupine puffer, fuzzy dwarf lion, longnose hawkfish, maroon clowns, dwarf angels, non-reef safe wrasse, smaller tangs (Scopas maybe?)...are any of these appropriate for a 40breeder?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
If you got a lion, fu manhus are small and VERY colorful, but there is a good chance they would try to eat their tanks mates.

Possibly a Valentini puffer? (Smaller puffer) A dwarf angelfish, a firefish, and some Bangai cardinals would be a cool tank... And if you wanted to you might be able to try a moron clownfish.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store