Leaving the angel eggs with Parents - Methtlene Blue

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
My Double Black Angels just layed about 500 eggs. I want to leave the eggs with the parents untill they become free swimming. Do I need to put Methylene Blue in with the eggs and the parents. I have live plants in there, will the Methylene Blue hurt the plants? I have other angels in the same tank but have put a divider in there.
Thank you for your help

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have never used Meth-blue on any of my fishes eggs. I always let nature takes it course. I use to breed angels a lot, well was not difficult with many angels and many tanks, but all I ever did was put an airstone near the eggs. It just kept circulation so that nothing would settle on the eggs.

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
Thanks for your help it is appreciated. My angels layed their eggs on a piece of Drift wood and I was able to take your suggestion amd put a air stone under one section of the wood this makes it go up both sides of the eggs.

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Good Luck. Have plenty of baby-brine-shrimp and mirco worms ready.

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
The eggs were on a piece of driftwood. I left them with their parents. The first night I had just a few white eggs. I put a bubbler just under the eggs and it went up both sides. The second night many eggs were white eventually they all turned white. Wither the male doesn't know what to do or I have two females again.

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
:( Both could be possible with angels. Good Luck on next try.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
also.. it may take the pair a few times to ..get it right

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store