Black Devil CT spawning log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Taari

AC Members
Nov 4, 2010
About 2 months ago I got 6 black orchid and black devil crown tail bettas. 3 male black orchids and 1 female, and 1 male and 1 female black devil. I won't be able to spawn all of them due to lack of space, and only having one orchid female, I intend to only get 2 spawns from this batch. I'm going to start with the black devils.

Here are the parents

Daddy:

Mommy:

Spawning tank:

The spawning tank is a 29 gallon about 1/3 full with a sponge filter, heater, driftwood, indian almond leaves, hornwort, anubias, and salvinia floating on top. It is currently cycling, but should be finished soon as I can add ammonia up to 2ppm and it's gone within 24 hours, and it's showing nitrite and nitrate. Once I test 0 nitrites, I'll do a big water change and introduce my male to let him get settled, then start introducing the female.

khmerspec

WanaBAhReefer
May 17, 2008
Sacramento, Ca
www.5linx.net
Real Name
Van
Wow! Never seen bettas like those before. Very nice.
Please forgive my ignorance, as I am new to bettas (and haven't done freshwater in over 10 years), but is it ok to have water so green? It's go so much nutrients in it.

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store