My 125g Community Tank.. Fire Eel, Clown Loaches..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mudfrog

AC Members
Jan 17, 2005
Roanoke, VA
I just wanted to share some pics of the community tank that I started. I've kept predatory / nocturnal fish for so long I wanted a tank that I could actually look at and see the fish swimming around. For me this tank is the best of both worlds. I have the schooling fish that I can watch but I still get the excitement of seeing my fire eel come out from time to time. The kids are enjoying the tank a lot more as well. For some reason they never wanted to look at a wolf fish just sitting on the bottom of the tank ;)

The stock list is:

1x 9" fire eel
2x dwarf guarami
10x 1.5 - 2.5" clown loaches
10x 2-3" australian rainbowfish
1x 5.5" Hoplo Catfish
3x Rubber Lip (Bulldog) Plecos

Anyway.. some pics ;)

Water change time.. 50% WC's once a week. Fluval FX5 on right and Aquatop CF-500UV on left. Between the two the tank has a "rated" flow of 1450gph.

Fire Eel and Bulldog Pleco hanging out..

Hoplo Catfish.. He is very active.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
You have some nice looking fish! And your equipment/ tank and stand are pretty decent too. I am not crazy about the PVC, but its cost effective as well as useful.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mudfrog

AC Members
Jan 17, 2005
Roanoke, VA
You have some nice looking fish! And your equipment/ tank and stand are pretty decent too. I am not crazy about the PVC, but its cost effective as well as useful.

Yea.. you either love or hate PVC pipe lol. Personally I like it, it makes the fire eel and clown loaches a lot more comfortable as well since there are tons of hiding spots. Eventually I'll do away with it but it would take a lot of driftwood to make up for it.

Mudfrog

AC Members
Jan 17, 2005
Roanoke, VA
Some more pics of the clowns. The last clown is a runt and has a head deformity. I kinda like him lol. The clowns are very happy. I came home to three of them relaxing on their sides. They move every time I try to get a pic of it.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
You have some nice looking loaches! That one does look kinda funny, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store