What is this?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dagamoth

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Milford, OH
Real Name
Adam
My guess is some kind of hybird but he is very pretty. It almost makes me think of some kind of peacock / mbuna hybrid if that is even possible. The tail and dorsal fin make say peacock while the body says mbuna.

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
I'm guessing hybrid as well, as that's what "mixed/assorted African" usually means at a pet store.

Also, it looks a lot like most of the hybrids that are born in my 150g Malawi cichlid tank. Don't know who the parents are, but I do have both mbuna and peacocks in there.

dtye91

AC Members
Jul 28, 2012
I'm guessing hybrid as well, as that's what "mixed/assorted African" usually means at a pet store.

Also, it looks a lot like most of the hybrids that are born in my 150g Malawi cichlid tank. Don't know who the parents are, but I do have both mbuna and peacocks in there.
So is there a way to tell what kinds? Or impossible to tell with the parents being there?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Blue Psuedotropheus socolofi it looks like a poor specimen..

coyotethug

AC Members
Jun 9, 2011
Hybrid definitely. From the pic definite socolofi as one parent, prob saulosi as the other parent.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store