Marmokreb tank mates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
Can they be kept with anything without them killing the other? Or are they just a species only type of invert?

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
All crayfish are opportunistic and will kill/eat anything they can get their claws on, even when well fed. I've lost a few 2 month old swordtail fry to my CPO even. In general, fast moving fish or surface swimming fish may be ok depending on the size of the tank, but you should be prepared to have the occasional loss.

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
try some topwater fish and make sure the crays cant climb anything to high

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Plastic plants and tacky tank decorations! Seriously though marmorkrebs are lawn mowers when it comes to plants and they are hard on some of the finer detailed decorum like nice manhattan wood sculptures etc. so only put things into the tank that you don't mind trashing, including fish. I like to put marmorkrebs into a tank where the fish can benefit from eating the baby crays. I keep German Blue Rams in one tank with a marmorkrebs and the really seem to benefit in terms of their interest in the food and overall health and the crays do not overpopulate.

azolla

Invertafreak
Feb 26, 2010
Cape Cod, MA
i have never had an issue with marmokrebs eating a live fish. i have kept them with cories and kuhli loaches with no problems. the kuhlis would even sit still between the legs of marms that were twice their size. they will go after dead fish with gusto.

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
I tried to keep zebra danio's with mine, and they killed them off until I took the last two out and moved them to another tank. My tank is even a rather tall hex type tank. They didn't really try to eat them either. So I just keep them by themselves.

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
they have no reason to hunt if they have plenty to scavenge. drop some zucchini and broccoli tops in there

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store