Sro 3000sss

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
I have the chance to buy a slightly used Sro 3000sss. It will be going on my 120, it says it's rated for 300 gallons, will this be too much skimmer for it?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Nope, buy it if its a good deal.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Nope, buy it if its a good deal.
He bought it for 460 a few months ago, selling it for 100 bucks off that price. It's an internal skimmer, so it'll work in the amiracle sump that came with the tank. I may switch to a 55 sump at some point, hopefully it will fit in there. I think by the measurements it will.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Excellent skimmer! I have one coming any day for a customer's 250 reef. I've installed two other Octopus skimmers and am very pleased with their performance for the money. 360 is imo a bit steep for a used one because it's not much less than my cost on a new one. But looked at from the standpoint of a hobbyist having to find a better unit, even used, for the same money, it's not a bad deal.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Excellent skimmer! I have one coming any day for a customer's 250 reef. I've installed two other Octopus skimmers and am very pleased with their performance for the money. 360 is imo a bit steep for a used one because it's not much less than my cost on a new one. But looked at from the standpoint of a hobbyist having to find a better unit, even used, for the same money, it's not a bad deal.
Kinda what I was thinking too. Good Skimmers dont come up for sale often around here. I have a swc skimmer that came with it but it needs a pump, I could get an original crappy pump that has restart issues or a bubble blaster pump for 200 bucks. Or this which is more, but I imagine a better skimmer all around.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Kinda what I was thinking too. Good Skimmers dont come up for sale often around here. I have a swc skimmer that came with it but it needs a pump, I could get an original crappy pump that has restart issues or a bubble blaster pump for 200 bucks. Or this which is more, but I imagine a better skimmer all around.

You know your own local market better than I, and I would agree with your assessment of your various options. The Bubble Blaster upgrade would be an excellent second choice if money was an issue.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Let's see a pic of what it pulls out of the water after a bit of break-in!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store