Fluval 306 filter ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

xyz10

Registered Member
Oct 13, 2012
Many Ebay sellers are selling New in Box Fluval 306 filters with 60 dollar starting prices and free shipping. Local stores sell them for much more.

Seems funny there are so many being listed on Ebay at such a cheap price....any thoughts ?

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Seems odd to me as well, if you look at the sales all of them end up in the 85-100 range when sold but what worries me is ALL of them are being sold by new sellers with very few feedback.

hawkerw

AC Members
Oct 12, 2012
I'm curious does not Ebay warranty your purchase in case of fraud when you run your credit card through them?

xyz10

Registered Member
Oct 13, 2012
very tempting to buy one...there's about 15 of them for sale and new ones are continually added for sale.

Only 306 model are being sold by these Ebay sellers. They are new Ebay sellers and ONLY selling the Fluval 306...not selling any other items. All have FREE shipping and final transaction price is way below local pet stores and also online pet stores.

Is there a known defect ?? Maybe the manufacturer is letting a national distributor unload the 306 ???

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
they "do" but not well. I have had a bad experience with ebay and fraud and I didnt get any money back. Even when they detected fraud in the sales and removed the seller and his items they didnt contact me, and went through a whole paypal dispute process which the seller won.

bescher

AC Members
Sep 17, 2014
Nashotah Wisconsin
Real Name
Bob Escher
I had a 306 for 2 years then the barrel head broke and I discovered that I could buy 2 sunsun's for the price of a 306 and money was a object. I bought the sunsun's and they are doing well although I do miss my 306

cuban007

AC Members
Jan 16, 2009
SoCal
These fluval filters are known for leaking once you do any water changes or change the media. I have three of them that all leak at the union of the top and the bottom. The work great though if they don't leak. Anyone had the same experiences with these filters???

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store