In hood filter help????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ShawnKC

Registered Member
Oct 14, 2012
I was just recently given a Via Aqua VA-680 18 gallon tank. It's a beautiful oak tank with matching hood and stand. It was apparently used previously for a terrarium because it's full of gravel, rocks and has cork bark glued to the back glass. I want to clean it up and use it as an aquarium but I don't understand the filter, it's built into the hood. It has a power head built in with a tube that attaches with an elbow to what looks like a rain bar, and then 2 chambers with sponge sheets and ceramic rings and then a last chamber that is just a hole that looks like it empties back into the tank. I understand that the last chamber is supposed to house something called a discharge adapter whatever that is.
I would really like to set this up but I have no knowledge about this type of filter, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

VA-680.jpg LAST CHAMBER.JPG

ShawnKC

Registered Member
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks, that'a about all I could find too. I've never seen a filter set up like that. I'd love to be able to get it running but I don't know what the heck a discharge adapter is.nu tank 3.JPG I have a 30 gallon breeder for blue crays but it has an AquaClear 70 and a Duetto 100 for filters.

nu tank 3.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store