Tank size

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ate010

AC Members
Jul 7, 2010
Hi. I want to start breeding cichlid and i have 4 Q. for you.

What the minimum size for cichlid fish for breeding?

What the minimum size for breeding tank?

Can i use my 22 tanks that i used before for breeding discus and the tank size 19×19×19 inches?

Can you give me some good cichlid name for breeding ?
ً
thank you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
depends on the species

ate010

AC Members
Jul 7, 2010
I want to start with malawi cichlid

crazy4cichlid21

AC Members
Sep 30, 2012
New jersey
Real Name
Zach
Are you breeding to make money or for the cool experience because Malawi cichlids depending in which kind like peacocks or mbuna cross bred species and make hybrids. If I were you to learn about it and gain experience if this is your first time breeding cichlids start with labs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ate010

AC Members
Jul 7, 2010
I am breeding for cool expirence also i want to breed many kind of cichlid not only one type.

Maddhatter

AC Members
May 24, 2009
Just a warning be careful of where you get your cichlids. There is a growing number of aquarists selling cichlids as pure breeds and 6-8 months they are determine to be of a hybrid variety. This can be problematic for your breeding experience. Keep in mind that certain varities of cichlids can have hundreds of eggs with a large number of survivors, which will quickly fill up your tank. Convict cichlids are just one of the types.

Good Luck

crazy4cichlid21

AC Members
Sep 30, 2012
New jersey
Real Name
Zach
I agree with madhatter be careful and find a reputable place. LFS can be scams but online shipping is a lot so decisions yours hybrids look cool and are still awesome but its not true breeding cichlids. A lot of decisions are up to you. As for species you might want Malawi wise keep in mind you might need to research there breeding habitats buy yellow labs, demonsani, rusty,jalo reef,zebras. There some cool Malawi species there are many peacocks that are cool also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ate010

AC Members
Jul 7, 2010
thank you for replay. Do you mean that 22 tank and 1 big aquarium not good to breed 10-12 taype of cichlid. If i buy 4 from each taype the qty will be 40-48 for the baby i will have the big tank and the extra i can put them in the small tank 10-12 tank so for breeding 12 small tank
For the baby 1 big aquarium 120 US G and 10-12 small tank 33 USG.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store