New tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

khmerspec

WanaBAhReefer
May 17, 2008
Sacramento, Ca
www.5linx.net
Real Name
Van
Finally got a new tank and set her in.
Problem now? She looks kinda lonely. Grabbing some grass shrimp later.

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
Is that her on the left of the pic of the new tank? Her color really brightened up!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

khmerspec

WanaBAhReefer
May 17, 2008
Sacramento, Ca
www.5linx.net
Real Name
Van
yep :D
Tank is in my room now, right next to my nano.
I've taken a loving to this girl. Gonna do some research on good tank mates, already have grass shrimp on the list. Suggestions? It is a 10 gallon tank, with a bubble filter in the corner. Not gonna have much in terms of flow.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
I like the look of your tank! What kind of plant is on The right side?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
only suggestion is to elevate the bamboo or drop the water level- the top of the bamboo and that laves should all be outside of the water of it will rot. personally, I'd remove the bamboo, bring the water to the top rim, and plant some easy plants like java fern, water sprite, water wisteria, maybe add some that grow out over the sides like some pothos or something.

maybe try six or so neons or similar small tetras as tankmates, plus perhaps some ghost shrimp and cherry shrimp if she leaves the ghost shrimp alone.

khmerspec

WanaBAhReefer
May 17, 2008
Sacramento, Ca
www.5linx.net
Real Name
Van
I like the look of your tank! What kind of plant is on The right side?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks. It's all bamboo. We have a whole bunch growing in vases around the house, and I decided to put some in the tank. The ones on the right are just the cut offs that sprouted from the other bamboo.

only suggestion is to elevate the bamboo or drop the water level- the top of the bamboo and that laves should all be outside of the water of it will rot. personally, I'd remove the bamboo, bring the water to the top rim, and plant some easy plants like java fern, water sprite, water wisteria, maybe add some that grow out over the sides like some pothos or something.

maybe try six or so neons or similar small tetras as tankmates, plus perhaps some ghost shrimp and cherry shrimp if she leaves the ghost shrimp alone.
Didn't know they'll start rotting. I had seen a tank in the past with lots of bamboo like that, and since I have an abundance of them I decided to use them also. If I drop the water too any more, the filter will be out of the water, so I'll have to figure out how to raise them.

I've got about 10 ghost shrimp right now.

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
Betta will eat shrimp, so you just added breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and dessert in the tank. When it comes to tank mates, you can add some black neons or harlequin rasboras maybe 2 or 3 platies but no more then 7 fish in a 10 gallon. She has great color. I have a female betta myself along with 6 Harlequin rasboras in a 20 high.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store