Attention experienced Mafia players

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Hi guys. I'm doing some things involving the Mafia game we all love so much and I was hoping to get some info from you guys.

Feel free to reply to this topic or pm me.

I have quite a few things I need to learn about the game so all my questions could lead to other questions but to start if anyone has any resources that explain the game in-depth, the way it's played, roles, rules, basically any resource that would explain the game to someone who had never played before and happened to run across it. I think there are wiki entries but I never saw anything that explained it the way, say, a board game instruction booklet would.

If there's nothing that deep on the web I'm also wondering if there's a scenario idea list anywhere.

Now if none of that exists I'd like to go over what I kinda know and see if any of you would like to add anything I'm missing no matter how minute

There is a minimum of 2 teams (usually no more than 3) with sub factions and roles that have special abilities within each team. The focus of the game is to kill off the other team in order to win by judging other people's posts and deciding if they seem against the "good" team and then voting for the player you think seems the most suspicious.

You always set an order for each "nightfall" (when votes are tallied, someone is killed off, and special abilities are triggered) for when each event happens (as in special ability A triggered, most voted is killed, special ability B is triggered)

There is always a game moderator that makes sure players play by the rules, handles nightfall, does coin flips in the event of vote ties or other things needing to be decided within the game, and posts all events.

The game is over when all of a team is killed off, a team outnumbers another by a predefined amount, or some other predefined trigger.

Also, if there are other ways to play (besides the basic vote to lynch system) I'd love to hear about those also.

Thanks guys for any help you can offer me on this. I'm compiling all the info about Mafia I can. I've been requested to do so by some local friends that really want to play and I've never seen it until I came to AC so I you guys are my main source and I'm sure if there are online sources out there one of you will know.

Thanks again everyone =)

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Wow I never actually thought of it played in person. I guess I can't quite visualize how you play after playing on here.

Thanks for the links. I think I checked the first one a while back but I don't recall seeing that noob guide

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store