Cluster of Feather Dusters?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Entold

AC Members
Jan 18, 2012
I was in my LFS and saw a cluster of 30 small small small feather dusters. I got it for 20$ which I figured was good. I brought them home but they arent really open. Only 1-2 will open at a time. Should I be worried and return them or what? Are they just nervous?

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Might take a day or two for them to adjust, Do you know the exact species or have a pic? Normal dusters don't really grow together sounds like it might be coco worms.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
There are some colonial duster types. A pic would probably help.

But generally with dusters, they are filter feeders. They come out whenever they want. Usually when they aren't worried about their environment. It could be night-time, it could be day-time. They don't really need to pick a specific time to come out.

If they feel secure though they should eventually be out just about permanently.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Some are also more sensitive about placement then others, too much flow they wont come out to often.

Entold

AC Members
Jan 18, 2012
I stupidly placed them by the powerhead so I moved them and then I decided to move them back and I moved the powerhead and Id say about 10 of them are out at the moment. Heres a pictures

Entold

AC Members
Jan 18, 2012
Also the ones that are out are wilting and not really open so I think my water quality just isnt good. Im prob gonna bring them back. What do you guys think?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store