Betta split His tail

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Animal_girl

Registered Member
Oct 20, 2012
I came home the other day ad found my betta had wedged himself under some of the glass pebbles I was using to decorate the bottom of his tank. I got him out and other than dropping his color for a couple hours and a split tail he's okay. I think the split tail is because he likes to flare at his reflection. I took out the pebbles that I had in there and I'm waiting for gravel and a tank mural to arrive in the mail. My main question is this. Titus is still a baby and I wanted to know if there was anything extra I should do to help his tail heal. I put in a picture to show how bad the split is. Oh and I don't have any aquasalts just a bettasafe slimecoat. SAM_1792.JPG

SAM_1792.JPG

lesleyx

AC Members
May 20, 2012
Scotland
Real Name
Lesley
Camera Used
Mobile
My betta was attacked by one of my fish & his fins had pieces missing & badly torn I did extra pwc for him & he healed up great, so plenty of clean water is what I,d do :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Clean water is your best bet.

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Another vote for frequent water changes.

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
Clean water, no stress, and good food all lead to healthy fish (or other aquatic creatures)

Animal_girl

Registered Member
Oct 20, 2012
Update:

I got Titus some new gravel that he cant get underneath and a mural for his tank so he is much happier other than flaring at everything because of the new surroundings. I've been doing about 1/3 water changes in his gallon tank every other day and moved him closer to the heater so his water stays nice and way and I'm starting to see growth where his tail is starting to fuse back together!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store