what would you pay for a used 29 gal with ac filter and visitherm heater that you GAV

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
I gave a tank to a friend, the only thing she added were the fish- guppies. I have paid her for snails from the tank, I have provided fish food. She is moving, I bought house plants from her but said I would not pay for the tank as I had given it to her. She thinks she's going to get $100.00. I told her I could give her $20.00 on the 31st. If she is unable to sell it. what would you do ? she can't take the tank with her.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I would pay nothing.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Agreed. No way would I buy back a tank that I gave away to a friend.

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
that's what I thought:), and the guppies are inbred run of the mill mutts, still I don't want the fish to die.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I agree with everyone else. No 29 is worth $100! She must be an ingrate. If she doesn't know what that means tell her to look it up. Her picture might be there.

JamieB

JamieB
Oct 9, 2005
currently in another Orbit
I'd tell her,good bye good luck and you get nothing for the tank.:D:beer:

Sent from my EVO using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
I would tell her I changed my mind about the $20.

You gave the tank to her. She has the right to try and sell it to someone else. That would not bother me.

But tell her it's a little insulting to expect you to pay anything for it if she can't sell it.

Neatfish

AC Members
May 1, 2012
My Bat Cave somwhere in TX
Tell her nobody is going to buy it at that price because they can get a new one for cheaper and just give it back to you because she's going to end up leaving it behind. If she says well give me $$$ tell her to shove off.

monicatetra

AC Members
Jul 20, 2010
That stinks!! My dad had a friend who wanted to sell him something he helped him get for free, he doesn't talk to that person anymore (not because of that incident but it just shows what kind of people they are!)

I hope your friend is unable to sell it and just ends up giving it back to you before she moves.

How dare people try and make a profit off the person who gave them something in the first place!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store